Many schools may use gymnasium floor covers on the basketball court for dances and PTA meetings to protect the delicate varnish and sealants from street shoes, tables, and chairs. While some may think placing a gym floor cover in a weight room sounds ridiculous, there are several reasons why it makes perfect sense. Maintaining a safe floor environment in a weight room is paramount to avoiding injuries and extending the life of the equipment and weights, and school who have chosen to use gym floor covers in their weight rooms are noticing the payoffs.
The actual surface of the weight room floor should be interlocked rubber sections designed to absorb the shock of falling weights and protect the lifter’s knees when performing squats or other legwork. This flooring, which can come in school colors with the mascot if desired, can be expensive if the weight room is a considerable size. Placing a gym floor cover over the rubber floors will not only protect the flooring but also maintain its appearance.
How To Prepare
You may be asking yourself, “How are you going to get gymnasium floor covers underneath all of that heavy equipment?” The answer is to either cut the gym floor cover to the layout of your weight room or only lay the gym floor covers down in certain areas. Your gymnasium floor cover provider will most likely be able to offer the covers already cut into shape or can assist you in performing the duty yourself. Although they do provide excellent protection, gym floor covers are only 1”-1.25” thick and when rolled up should fit easily into a nearby storage locker or closet.
When a person enters a weight room to workout, questioning their safety should never be weighing on their mind. Athletes need total focus and a safe workout environment to get the most out of their workouts. And one simple way to do both of these and protect your investment in weight room flooring is to purchase gym floor covers.
- Complete Your Professional Tennis Facility with a Tennis Windscreen
- Creating more space in your home for your growing family
- Customize Your High School Gym
- Dodgeball Variations for Players of All Ages
- Find Recreational Sports Leagues in Your City
- Find Your Ideal Tennis Racquet
- Gym Divider Curtains and Mats for Wrestling Meets
- Improve Your Game with Baseball Nets and Golf Nets
- Making updates to your country club to attract more members
- Physical Activity for a Rainy Day
- Protect Your Weight Room with Gym Floor Covers
- Protecting your equipment as an athletic director
- Requirements for Building Sports Fields and Courts
- Take Proper Care of Your Baseball Nets and Other Equipment
- Tennis Fun Facts for Beginners
- The Best Coating and Gym Floor Covers for Your New Basketball Court
- The Significance of Gym Floor Covers for High School Sports
- Tips to Keep Your Gym Floor Looking its Best
- Transform Your High School Gym into a Dance Venue with Gym Floor Covers